Monday, September 3, 2012

Our Home!!!

Thanks everyone for joining us for this exciting blog post!!!  To give you a background, we arrived on Wednesday and that first night we stayed in a Travelodge.  Brian decided that for the first night we were here we all needed a great nights rest.   The Travelodge was great.  It was a large room with a kitchenette.  The kids got a bath and we got some food and got into bed.  Brian went to bed as soon as the kids did and slept about 10 hours that night, which was the longest he had in so long.  I went to bed after doing some research looking for houses. 

So we looked.  And we looked and looked and looked.  Most people didn't want to rent us a place!!! First of all, people out here don't want to rent without an interview.  Secondly, a job is your FIRST criteria for renting at all.  Not cash.  What?!  What kind of backwards place is this?  Money… actually money doesn't actually buy anything?  But we kept trying.  I remember there was a man I had called and talked to who had told me "how renting works" out here.  He said he was making some updates to his rental but it would be ready later in August.  So I called to check in with him and he said that he had finished his rental but hadn't put it on the market yet.  JOY!  Well then we had to tell him ALL about how we don't have jobs and were prepared for him to hang up on us.  He didn't but did want to do heavy background looks on us, which obviously we were fine with.   He was a police officer here in Redding for almost 30 years.  So he was a very to the point and direct.  After he did all the checking into things, he said we got the house!!! He told us on Friday night and we signed on Sunday afternoon and we are so excited to show you.  So here we go!


The front of the house!  I realized I didn't take a picture of the entire front but I will try and edit the post later- for now you could Google satellite map it if you are really wanting to see.  :) 
 Our address is:
1786 Lazelle Ct 
Redding, CA 96002  




This is our living room.  Right as you walk in the door and look left, this is what you see.  This picture doesn't really do it justice.  It is a nice size room.  


This is the dining room taken from the living room area.


This is the kitchen!  :)

From the dining room looking into the living room.  We love how all this living space is all one area.  We really wanted that in a house.  :)

So if you walk in the front door and turn RIGHT after a few steps you will go down this hallway.  

As you go down the hall the first door on the left is the bathroom! This is a picture of the main bathroom:

The cabinets and sink have been updated.  It looks so nice.


Back to the hallway and taking our first right is the first bedroom.

 And here it is:

As you go back into the hallway, the last door on the right is another bedroom.  Here is a picture of the back bedroom:


And on the back left corner of the hallway or the back right of the house is the master bedroom.
I did my best but my camera didn't want to squeeze all the bedroom in.  I will have to try again with maybe a different camera.

Master bathroom! Again, updated sinks and cabinetry.


The backyard.  This area is AWESOME.  There is a concrete pad perfect for outdoor furniture as well as a raised bed for planting things.   Not to mention it is a huge yard.  And there is still a good bit of space behind those bushes (which will make for great hide and seek).  

The only thing missing here is our expansive two car garage.  It is seriously huge and awesome.  It has so much space, two work benches and washer/dryer space.  Pictures to come.


 So when we knew we would be moving into the house Sunday, we decided Saturday we would go yardsaleing (I am making this a verb) and craigslisting (I am also making this a verb).  We found tons of amazing treasures.  Obviously one of our first needs was a fridge.  Our first yard sale we found an older looking ivory one, but I told Brian if the price was right we could get it.  The guy only wanted $20 for it!!! Sold!  It isn't the most amazing fridge but it was CHEAP, but it needed cleaned.  Like BAD.  Ew.
Here are the before and afters of the cleaning.


Before:


After!!!


The whole thing after.  What an improvement.  We are really happy with our $20 fridge and it is working great and making food cold as we speak.  :)

At the same yard sale the guy had a bunch of random stuff.  Including a few gems.

 This coffee table was so fabulous to me.  I know it needs love but the mod look with the silver post tops just was too much for me to pass on.  This will either be restained or painted--- we will see.  But or $5 (yes, $5!!!!)  how could I pass?


Then I saw this beauty. My grandma had one of these table so I was immediately drawn.  Then when I saw the detail work and fixtures I had to have it.  I asked how much.  $2   I was in heaven.  A solid wood side table for $2?!  YES! Yes yes yes.  I am so excited and I can't wait to show you before and after pictures.



 Other items we got but aren't included in pictures yet are:  Fabulous kitchen table, sectional couch, washer and dryer, mattress (we bought new!), file cabinet, a basket for shoes and some motorcycle tags from California that looked really cool.  :)

Well that's all for now.  And all the update I have time for as we are SUPER busy!  We have a lot to try and get done this week before Brian goes to school but I had to share this with you guys!
We miss you all.  Please feel free to write us at our address above! We would LOVE to get mail here.  How fun! :)

Love you all and blessings to each and every one of you!



1 comment:

  1. Rejoicing with you! Mommas are so glad to know that their babies are in a clean, safe place. You have a great house with a great back yard for playing. Your furniture finds are great and will look super with a little paint or stain. I'm so proud of you both.

    ReplyDelete