Thursday, October 4, 2012

California Beauty and a roomie...

Well, this should be an interesting blog post.  I (Robin) honestly am sitting right here not fully knowing what I am going to write on.  I just felt and had someone walk up to me and tell me I needed to write a blog (she didn't know I even had a blog) about God revealing his beauty.  So here it goes.

Since we have gotten to California we have actually seen a beautiful scene at every turn.  In Augusta there are beautiful places, but some places that are just dull parts of a town.  We have "dull parts of a town" here in Redding, but behind the dull scene are beautiful mountains.  For example:

This was taken from the street we live on:


This was the view from the Wal-Mart parking lot.



This was as I was leaving Lowe's.  Crazy, right?  SO pretty!  You see what I mean about not quite Augusta.  This is the sunset every night with mountains in the foreground. 


Not exactly the view you would see leaving those stores in Augusta, right?  It is amazing to see God's creation in all its splendor. I still have yet to not be awestruck as I see Mt. Shasta in the distance or the river that runs through town.  I hope I enjoy it a lot while we are here.

But I think more than that- God has revealed so much other beauty to me since we have been here.  First of all, I have had a new rekindling of the Word. God is awakening a new and refreshing love for his Word!  It is awesome.  He also is showing me how great is love is for all of us through the gospel story again.  Something about reading it this time just feels fresh.

Another way God has shown me his beauty has been by revealing his presence to us often.  God has been gracious and making sure we know that he is in control of our lives.  From getting us a home, finding us great friends, impromptu worship sessions at our house, awesome worship and messages at Bethel, the list goes on.  I am thankful that I see God coming through so many facets of our lives.  His provision for us has surpassed belief.  God put us on someones heart the other day and they blessed us with a check in the mail today!!!  It is a great great help.
Right now I am waiting on my nursing license to come in to find a job as an LPN and I am still looking for a waitressing job on the side.  So in this time of seeming limbo, the God of the universe clearly had us in mind and wanted to remind us that he hasn't forgotten us and loves us so.  He is so good that way.  I believe God has the right jobs in his timing and that he is providing for us in the midst  of our confusion on why we haven't gotten jobs yet.  But God isn't confused,  Jeremiah 29:11 clearly tells us that when it says:

"11 For I know the plans(T) I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper(U) you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.(V)

But wait! There's more:

 12 Then you will call(W) on me and come and pray(X) to me, and I will listen(Y) to you. 13 You will seek(Z) me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.(AA) 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord…"


Again, there is his word telling me how much he loves us and how he has our backs.  So when we are seeking him, searching after him, looking for him he hears our cries, our needs and helps.


Impromptu worship and prayer session after dinner one night at our house.  We just put on a worship CD and soaked, prayed for one another and worshipped our King!


This was a Sunday night service at Bethel.  So great to see so many surrendered to God and are willing to follow him to the ends of the earth.



One of the sweetest things I have recieved, I got in the mail yesterday.  It was a devotional book from one of my best friends mom.  She has been like a mom to me growing up (one of the many).  It was just such a joy to receive a package to just me.  I was so thankful for it.  Again my heart sang to know that God laid me on someones heart enough to send me something.


Another awesome thing has been the arrival of Alan Abdelhadi! HOORAY!  Alan is going to be staying with us here in California.  This was actually something God laid on Brian's heart and mine especially was that Alan was going to come here.  It was very up in the air for quite a while but God has a plan here for Alan and we are REALLY excited to have him here!  He has been a wonderful addition to our family and a big blessing to us already.  :) He has been playing with the kids a lot and they have loved it.  He is currently looking for jobs (and has an interview Tuesday!) and is hopefully auditioning for the Bethel worship team at the end of the month.  We will see how it all goes!  Please be praying for Alan for both of those things to pan out and go well.

Great video of Alan playing with the kids.  This side of Alan might be a new sight for most of you but rest assured- it is alive and kicking! So sit back and enjoy the show:




Well I feel like I am supposed to end with this song:

Oh Lord, You're beautiful
Your face is all I see
And when your eyes are on this child
Your grace abounds to me

I wanna take your word and shine it all around
But first help me just to live it Lord
And when I'm doing well help me to never seek a crown
Cause my reward is giving glory to You

Thank you God for new revelation!






Hope you all enjoyed reading my ramblings.  Thanks for sticking with me.  Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment